Adding multiple Datasource for a single report

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 11, 2007 at 6:55 AM
Hello,

I am using your solution to deploy my report to production database. when i setup the config file, i have a question.

If i have 1 report which access 2 datasource inside it. how do i set up in the config file. since there is only 1 attribute as Datasource
<ReportGroup Name="Testactivityresults" DataSourceName="DMS_DataSource" TargetFolder="GLOSS"
ReportServer="RS1" >
<Report Name="Testactivityresults" CollapsedHeight="${CollapsedHeight}">
<FilePath>
Report Code\QC\Testactivityresults.rdl
</FilePath>
</Report>
</ReportGroup>
Dec 18, 2007 at 7:08 PM
I am also strugling with the same issue. Please let me know the idea of how to do it?
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2009 at 11:38 PM
Multiple data sources per report are currently not supported.
Jul 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Any chance 1.1.2 provides support for multiple data sources?

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM

There are plans to add support for multiple data sources and deployment of resources. Unfortunately, I cannot give an indication of when this will be done, due to high regular workloads on my side and the summer holidays.

Kind Regards,
Gerke.

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Are there still plans to add this?

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Yep, there are. But progress is pretty slow due to high regular workloads (and I don't need this feature myself in my day-to-day work just yet). The backend object model already has some support for multiple data sources, but this integration with the configuration code and the reporting services access code is still missing. One reason for the slow progress is also that I am progressively adding a suite of unit tests and refactoring a fair chunk of the code base.

Aug 4, 2010 at 12:52 PM
I have an requirement to add a multiple data source to reports through RS Build.So please let me know if there are any thoughts on this.
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2010 at 7:51 AM
Edited Aug 18, 2010 at 7:53 AM

The main things outstanding are:

• to figure out how to add multiple data source support to the RSBuild settings document
  • to decide how to correlate which DataSource definition in the settings document should be applied to which data source definition in a report with multiple defined data sources.

Suggestions are welcome, but backward compatibility is key for the public RSBuild releases.

Regards,
Gerke.

Aug 18, 2010 at 3:23 PM
ggeurts, The group I work with is also looking for this feature. Are you looking for suggestions on how to add support for UP TO 2 data sources, or a number greater than 2? I'll be happy to chime in on what we would *like* to see. Thanks, Chris
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM
Chris, The RSBuild code already is able to manipulate any number of data sources in report definition (.rdl) files. It is purely a matter of deciding how to define the mappings in XML. My preference is to have a mechanism that will work with any number of data sources. Regards, Gerke.