Data Source Connection Type for SSAS

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 19, 2009 at 6:54 PM

How do I set up the connection type in the config file for a Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services connection?

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Try something like this (the Impersonation Level info should be optional) :

Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=MyOlapDB;Provider=MSOLAP.3;Integrated Security=SSPI;Impersonation Level=Impersonate;

Jun 22, 2009 at 1:53 PM

That looks like the connection string I have, but the Connection Type default to SQL Server and not SQL Server Analysis Services. How do I set the Connection Type?

Thanks

Michael Meyer
Data Architect
CSG Systems, Inc.
402.963.8428 (office)
www.csgsystems.com
THE BUSINESS OF CUSTOMER INTERACTION™

Developer
Jun 23, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Michael,

RSBuild does not (yet) allow you to change the connection type from SQL Server to another option. I have a new RSBuild version in the pipeline that will allow you to specify an extension element to override the default connection type. Due to the unfortunate lack of a test suite for RSBuild I am hesitant to release these modifications just yet to the general public, but I could publish a new alpha that will not be visible on the RSBuild home page just yet. Let me know if you'd be interested in trying this new version.

Regards,
Gerke.

Developer
Jun 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jun 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM

I would be glad to test out the new version with Sql Server Analysis Server support.

Thanks!!!

Michael Meyer
Data Architect
CSG Systems, Inc.
402.963.8428 (office)
www.csgsystems.com
THE BUSINESS OF CUSTOMER INTERACTION™

Developer
Aug 21, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Have not had time for a while to follow this up. I have started work on a test project to support the implementation of new features while maintaining backwards compatibility as much as possible. Once this is complete I will add (and release) various new features, including this one.