Random Deployment Failures - Script sucessfull, reports not there...

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 24, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Does anyone else have issues where the deployment seems to run fine, but then the RDLs are just not there?

If i run the script again, it will usually work the second time, but not always.  Again, the script does not report any failures and the RDLs are not on the server.  I even doublechecked by connecting to the SSRS instance through management studio to make sure that my browser or IIS are not playing tricks on me.

My setup is fairly simple.  About 30 SQL procedures, and 15 reports.  1 data source, and 2 folders.

Any help would be appreciated.  I suspect IIS caching, but do not have control to turn that off.

Thanks,

Chris

Developer
Jul 27, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Chris,

I have not had this problem myself just yet. Which version of SSRS are you using? And have you run a network/http trace to see what is going on on the wire?

Regards,
Gerke.

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM

I figured out what was going on here.

I would delete the base folder of the deployment, deploy, then hit refresh in my browser.  Hitting refresh actually sent the delete command again, deleting the newly created folder.  Once I stopped using refresh functionality in the browser, all is well.

Chris